Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

About a month ago I found this amazing site, http://stolloween.com/. On it were paper mache jack o lanterns of every size and shape, and they were fascinating to me. I wanted to make one, and the best thing was that all the directions were there. It took me a month to make this scary fellow because of the drying time, and he is a first attempt, but I love him. There are some rough edges and things I would change in the future, but all in all I like the way he turned out. If you like Halloween and paper mache, visit this site for some great inspiration and a very creative soul.
Since I am a crazy art teacher, I wanted to wear something that the kids would love to school on Friday. This is the spider hat I finished at midnight Thursday night, but it was a hit with my students. They are so excited when you wear something a little out of the ordinary and they ask so many question about how you created it. I think that it sparks a little creativity in them. I'm going trick or treating with my grandson tonight. We live in a small community and Halloween is a special time. We go on a hayride with all of our friends. The streets are filled with children in their costumes and the city has a haunted house and games. I trick or treated on these same streets as did my children and now their children.
Happy Halloween to you and yours and as the Raggedy Man would say, "the goblins will get you if you don't watch out"!

3 comments:

  1. I love Stolloween! And you my friend did great:)
    That is one awesome JOL and spooky hands.
    Love your spider hat as well.
    I bet you love your job. What fun it must be to teach the younger ones art.
    I try to have an art day with my grandkiddos as often as possible. Boy those little ones enjoy the gift of creativity.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job and it is a great site.
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe we're in Florida when it's in the 40s and 30s, huh? I shouldn't complain. I don't have to deal with snow and ice and the cold lasts a lot longer up north than it does here.

    ReplyDelete